Re: [Help-gnu-radius] can't get authorized!

From: David Friedman
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] can't get authorized!
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 23:29:35 -0500

* Bill Schoolfield (address@hidden) wrote:

> I can't tell but it looks like I'm not even talking to the server. A
> netstat -na shows udp ports 1812-1813 yet the -v option reports
> 1645-1646. What am I missing?

You might want to check your /etc/services.  Although 1812 and 1813
are the IANA sanctioned ports for radius, it's still very common to
find things defaulting to 1645/1646.

address@hidden /home/driz$ grep RADIUS /etc/services
radius          1645/udp   #RADIUS authentication protocol (old)
radacct         1646/udp   #RADIUS accounting protocol (old)
#radius         1812/udp   #RADIUS authentication protocol (IANA sanctioned)
#radacct        1813/udp   #RADIUS accounting protocol (IANA sanctioned)
address@hidden /home/driz$

I suspect that your /etc/services reflects the opposite of mine.
Good luck with your radius endeavor.
--
David Friedman - http://www.away.net/

BSD: "Are you guys coming or what?"