[Help-gnu-radius] can't get authorized!

From: Bill Schoolfield
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] can't get authorized!
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 17:12:34 -0600

Hi,

I just installed gnu-radius and the guile stuff and I'm trying to figure
out how things work. The install went cleanly for both. I enabled just
about everything for the radius server. The 'make check' tests ran OK.
However whenever I try to use radauth or radtest  (after  make install)
I consistently get something like...

./radauth -v  user passwd
NO REPLY
Authentication failed

I can't tell but it looks like I'm not even talking to the server. A
netstat -na shows udp ports 1812-1813 yet the -v option reports
1645-1646. What am I missing?

I tried  a guest user and a host of other things in the users file, all
to no avail.

Here's what -v shows...

radiusd: GNU Radius version 0.95 (i686-pc-linux-gnu)
Compilation platform: linux
Debugging flags: YACC_DEBUG
Compilation flags: PWD_SHADOW USE_PAM USE_SQL=SQL_MYSQL USE_NOTIFY
USE_LIVINGSTON_MENUS
Ports in use:
 AUTH: 1645
 ACCT: 1646
Paths:
 configuration directory: /usr/local/etc/raddb
 logging directory:       /var/log
 accounting directory:    /var/log/radacct
 pidfile:                 /var/run/radiusd.pid

Bill