Re: package-vc.el should not fetch all commits.

From: amano.kenji
Subject: Re: package-vc.el should not fetch all commits.
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2024 22:53:55 +0000

I can contribute patches even if I have only one specific commit or the latest
commit.

That's a bad UX. package-vc.el is the only built-in way to install VCS
packages, and there should be a built-in way to install only one commit and
update to only one commit.

Gentoo linux achieved one-commit update and one-commit installation for its own
package repositories because people did not want repositories to grow in size
over time.