Re: Binding key to insert an non-spacing acute accent

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: Binding key to insert an non-spacing acute accent
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2024 21:11:33 +0000

On Tuesday, 23 Jan 2024 at 17:12, Leo Butler wrote:
> You can use the TeX input method to do what you want.
>
> C-\ TeX RET   => change input method to use TeX-like syntax

Yes, indeed.  Also, if I'm writing purely in Spanish (say), I can simply
change the input method to spanish-postfix (or another variant).

But the nice thing about the M-' binding inserting the non-spacing
accent is that it makes it possible to *change* the current character to
the accented version with a single keystroke.  Very useful when revising
what I have written as I sometimes forget the odd accent here and there.

Thank you,
eric

--
Eric S Fraga via gnus (Emacs 30.0.50 2023-06-19) on Debian 12.0