Re: smtpmail-send-queued-mail fails with error 504 5.5.2

From: rameiko87
Subject: Re: smtpmail-send-queued-mail fails with error 504 5.5.2
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2024 16:51:59 +0000

I've never touch 'message-user-fqdn' in years of doing mail into Emacs.

But then your Message-Id is not RFC compliant? This is the reason why I set it.

The default address in the From: field is usernameofmymachine@message-user-fqdn. This is already strange because it should use 'user-mail-address' since message-user-fqdn is explicitly reserved for Message-Id as the description of this variable says. I guess this is the first question we need to answer.

The second question is why the From header is ignored (from the message as saved in 'queued email folder') when sending with smtpmail-send-queued-mail. This is really worrisome!

By the way because you ask, the reason why I change the From header is that I use a variety of different email addresses for the different affiliations which I have.