Re: creating an afk timeline

From: Bob Newell
Subject: Re: creating an afk timeline
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 16:51:11 -1000

> Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com> writes:

>> i'd like to know when i stopped using emacs, or linux, for a while, so
>> i can figure out when i likely started.  perhaps a timeline of
>> idleness, preferably in emacs, could help me guess when i started
>> doing non-computer.
>>
>> this could help me guess when i rested, took a supplement, brushed
>> teeth, etc.  sometimes i need to know when 2h is up after i started.

This is an intriguing idea, and I think perhaps the ideas
discussed here can be made to do what you wish with a little
more hacking.

https://www.reddit.com/r/emacs/comments/kda2lr/make_something_happen_when_i_return_from_idle/

It makes use of the Emacs idle timer and of course would only
measure idleness in Emacs (not Linux in general, if that's
what you're seeking).

--
Bob Newell
Honolulu, Hawai`i