Inputting UTF8 in Emacs

From: uzibalqa
Subject: Inputting UTF8 in Emacs
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 10:07:04 +0000

I am having great difficulty introducing UTF Symbols in a document when I am
in Emacs.

I use "C-x 8 Ret LOG" to get the logical symbols.  From then on, I have great
difficulty deciding what to do.  Firstly, I cannot see the actual symbol that is
going to be inserted.  Seeing the actual symbol is much more important that
see the name.  And if one does a mistake, I have to restart the process again -
a process that is very time consuming.

It would be of value to simplify the way one can insert UHF8 characters.  At
this
time it is extremely hard and non-intuitive on what to do.