RE: [External] : mark multi regions, kill and yank

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : mark multi regions, kill and yank
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 17:48:08 +0000

> Whats about the one in github
> git@github.com:emacsmirror/highlight.git
>
> I wouldn't mind using that one (I usually prefer to
> clone[1] a repository, since that is easier to upgrade.

That should be synced to what's on Emacs Wiki.

E.g., this is the page for highlight.el, and it
has the same version as what's on Emacs Wiki:

https://github.com/emacsmirror/highlight/blob/master/highlight.el

> Is there also one for zones?

Yes - same thing:

https://github.com/emacsmirror/zones/blob/master/zones.el

But it's not up-to-date even wrt Emacs Wiki.
Dunno how/when that mirroring is done.  The doc
for that mirror says it's done several times a
day, but I guess not (?).  In any case, the
mirror version of zones.el is old (2019.7.13).

zones.el is also in GNU ELPA.  Same version as
on the wiki (2023.06.11).

https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/zones.html

But the wiki might sometimes be more up-to-date.
I upload to the wiki, and if I remember I update
GNU ELPA.