Re: Fixing cursor height when setting line-spacing

From: Karan Ahlawat
Subject: Re: Fixing cursor height when setting line-spacing
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2023 17:22:24 +0530

On 05/08/23 16:11, Yuri Khan wrote:

On Sat, 5 Aug 2023 at 12:45, Karan Ahlawat<ahlawatkaran12@gmail.com>  wrote:

I set the line-height variable to be a positive integer (16). My
cursor-type is set to t. Now, whenever I move the cursor to the end of a
line, the height of the cursor is equal to the entire line height. But
anywhere else on the line, it's equal to the height of the character
under the cursor.
I am using a non-zero line-spacing value and I don’t observe a
difference in the block cursor size in my normal usage. This is likely
because my normal usage includes ‘global-whitespace-mode’ for most
editing modes, with a display mapping for the newline character. I
have customized the ‘whitespace-space’ face to be very unobtrusive.

‘whitespace-mode’ modifies the display of spaces, tab characters, and
newlines, so you can see the difference where it would not otherwise
be visible. With it enabled, from redisplay’s point of view, the
cursor is never at the end of line — instead, it’s on the glyph
substituted for the newline, so the cursor at the logical end of line
has the same height as within the line.

Hello, thank you for your advice as well. Right now I've decided to try and get used to BAR cursor. If I can't though, I will most likely use whitespace mode as well, to keep it consistent overall.

Cheers,

Karan