Fixing cursor height when setting line-spacing

From: Karan Ahlawat
Subject: Fixing cursor height when setting line-spacing
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2023 11:14:15 +0530

Hi all,

I'll get straight to the point.

I set the line-height variable to be a positive integer (16). My cursor-type is set to t. Now, whenever I move the cursor to the end of a line, the height of the cursor is equal to the entire line height. But anywhere else on the line, it's equal to the height of the character under the cursor.

I searched the mailing lists for some similar issue, and found one mail chain where it is described that since the EOL has no displayable glyph, the cursor height is set equal to the line height.

I'd like this to always be the case, i.e, the cursor height to always be equal to the line height, EOL or not. This is a personal preference and so I don't think it is a bug, I just think it looks good in VSCode and other editors.

I tried using the HBAR and BAR cursor-type, but whenever they are on a character, the character is hidden underneath them, whereas in the default cursor-type, the character's foreground color is switched appropriately.

This is my first time on a mailing list, so if I missed etiquette, kindly let me know.

Cheers,

Karan