Re: Is there something like `file-name-concat', but for urls?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Is there something like `file-name-concat', but for urls?
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2023 20:23:54 +0200

Yuri Khan wrote:

> It's host rather than server, and you left out the user and
> password

Well, it is obviously not an exhaustive list but I agree host
is better so let's change that, thanks.

Maybe there is an RFC publication or W3C standard somewhere
with a formal and complete grammar ...

> But yes, the correct answer to the OP would be `url-split'
> and `url-unsplit' if only such functions were defined.

Let's find a definition first so the arguments get their
correct names, I thought that was it but maybe I got that set
from some textbook or random internet source rather than from
an official source then ...

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal