Dired-omit-mode: print dirname of omitted files

From: Vladimir Nikishkin
Subject: Dired-omit-mode: print dirname of omitted files
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2023 12:30:53 +0800

Hello, everyone

I have many dired buffes open, and I use dired-omit-mode with the
dired-omit-verbose variable set to true.

In the *Messages* buffer I am seeing "omitted X lines", which is nice: I
don't see useless file in dired, but I do know that they exist. However.
This works nicely when there is _one_ dired buffer. Where there are
many, and especially when they are auto-reverted, the *Messages* buffer
is full of "X lines omitted" messages, and I don't know which buffers
they are coming from.

I would suggest to modify the message like:
(buffer-name): Omitted X lines.

Should be a fairly simple change, could someone familiar with dired's
source make it?

Thanks everyone!

--
Your sincerely,