Re: Pressing ? does not allow window scrolling through the list of info

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Pressing ? does not allow window scrolling through the list of info commands
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2023 22:57:30 +0300

* Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> [2023-07-07 22:54]:
> As an aside, this is a typical Emacs incarnation of "the road to hell
> is paved with good intentions": we take an obscure minor feature that
> 5 min ago no one even knew it existed and which bothered no one, and
> suddenly it is a huge usability issue, worthy of inventing novel ways
> of user interactions, new faces, new header-line displays (which, btw,
> steal one screen line used for precious Help display), and whatnot.
> And then we are surprised that Emacs doesn't become more stable as the
> years go by.
>
> Will we ever learn?

I do not share that viewpoint.

It can be assumed that if one person takes the time to write and send
a letter to editor of a newspaper, there may be thousands of others
who share similar concerns or opinions. The letter may serve as an
opportunity for the newspaper editor to reflect on the issue and
potentially address it in a way that resonates with a broader
audience. That is what many media companies do, they assume that if
there is one complaint, there must be thousand of other people who are
silent about it.

And I would like also to say "Will we ever learn?"

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman