Re: Pressing ? does not allow window scrolling through the list of info

From: uzibalqa
Subject: Re: Pressing ? does not allow window scrolling through the list of info commands
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2023 13:46:32 +0000

------- Original Message -------
On Saturday, July 8th, 2023 at 1:12 AM, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> > Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2023 13:03:46 +0000
> > From: uzibalqa uzibalqa@proton.me
> > Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> >
> > Not being able to operate upon the '?' buffer is very problematic. For
> > instance,
> > if one wishes to increase or decrease the font size, one cannot do so
> > because they
> > get redirected to the manual.
>

> Users who want to change their font should be already very familiar
> with how Info mode works.

Certainly not, because they could be using some premade tool.  Not being
able to change the font with keys is unworkable for accessibility purposes.

> > The buffer should be made to behave as a normal buffer, using some key to
> > get out of it.
>

> I disagree, and I already explained why.

Come up with some other method of going back to the manual.  You have a '?'
tool that
nobody uses because the way to view it is worthless.  You know as I do that the
workings
of the '?' tool is like nothing else, extremely weird as it always tried to get
you back
to the manual rather than read the information.  Changing the font size (with
key sequence)
works well for the manual.  Same ability should be extended to the '?' tool as
well.