Re: basic navigation

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: basic navigation
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2023 21:17:15 -0700

there are a few issues here actually.  first is that non-words get
gobbled up along with words.  this is too much for my taste.  i'd be
ok with each chunk of non-word syntax being kind of like a word, for
example.

the other thing i did not illustrate.  going left means going to bow.
but going right means going to, not eow, but the space.  similar with
paragraphs and so on.

suppose i am at bow.

  this is ^a word.

and i want to kill-word that.  i end up with 2 spaces.  so sometimes i
do gyrations to kill the right thing.  it's too much for me.

the adage that emacs is a superb os but it lacks a decent editor is,
for me, almost true, with these little [intentional, but not quite
working well for me] glitches.  maybe a package?

--
The Kafka Pandemic

https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com