Re: Spelling and spell-checking

From: Charles Millar
Subject: Re: Spelling and spell-checking
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2016 15:08:29 -0500

On 03/11/2016 06:53 AM, Sharon Kimble wrote:
How can I have words that I type be auto-corrected to what I want
please? I'm specifically thinking of words like these -

im = I'm
ive = I've
thats = that's
Thats = That's
cant = can't
monday = Monday
tuesday = Tuesday, etc

and other specific words.

I'm using the default flyspell, and 'flyspell-popup' but I haven't found
a way of getting my corrected words to 'stick'. After restarting emacs
exactly the same words show up again as either not being auto-corrected
or just plain ignored, even if there is a very optically visible
spelling mistake!

Any ideas please?

Thanks
Sharon.
Sasha Chua, in emacs news, recently posted a link to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhI_riv_6HM

which demonstrates the code at

http://endlessparentheses.com/ispell-and-abbrev-the-perfect-auto-correct.html