Spelling and spell-checking

From: Sharon Kimble
Subject: Spelling and spell-checking
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 11:53:40 +0000

How can I have words that I type be auto-corrected to what I want
please? I'm specifically thinking of words like these -

im = I'm
ive = I've
thats = that's
Thats = That's
cant = can't
monday = Monday
tuesday = Tuesday, etc

and other specific words.

I'm using the default flyspell, and 'flyspell-popup' but I haven't found
a way of getting my corrected words to 'stick'. After restarting emacs
exactly the same words show up again as either not being auto-corrected
or just plain ignored, even if there is a very optically visible
spelling mistake!

Any ideas please?

Thanks
Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
Debian 8.3, fluxbox 1.3.7, emacs 25.0.92