[gnus] only two messages are visible in the Summary

From: Andrey Tykhonov
Subject: [gnus] only two messages are visible in the Summary
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2015 19:08:02 +0200

Hi all!

I had tried gnus several times before. And it worked well for me (except
slowness). Now I've taken my old .gnus.el and .offlineimaprc, re-used them.
Also, I've installed dovecot. Now offlineimap takes emails from remote IMAP
and gnus connects to the local dovecot which reads emails from local
directory.

Yesterday I got all messages by means of offlineimap and saw them in the
Summary buffer. I've read all messages except two of them. But today I only
see two messages in the Summary buffer. In the Group buffer it shows 146
near "nnimap+Mail:INBOX" and in the modeline I see text "{2(+144) more}".
Periodically I execute offlineimap and see that new messages are arrived.
But I don't see new messages in the Summary buffer. I tried to use `C-u
RET` in the Group buffer but I didn't find new messages there (however old
messages are there). Also, I've truncated .gnus.el and left most important
code there (and restarted Emacs) but it didn't help.

I have no idea why new messages don't appear in the Summary buffer. Any
ideas, thoughts?

Thank you!

Andrey