Re: have emcacs call gnus automatically

From: Tory S. Anderson
Subject: Re: have emcacs call gnus automatically
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2015 07:17:42 -0500

For what it's worth, I have gnus bound to the f9 key as so:

    (defun quick-gnus (&optional new-frame)
      (interactive "P")
      (if new-frame (gnus-other-frame)
         (gnus))
      (display-time-update))
    (global-set-key (kbd "<f9>") 'quick-gnus) ;; Check mail

If I wanted it to start when I start emacs, I'd just have (gnus) in  my .emacs
file, probably before my switch-to-buffer commands. Does that help?