have emcacs call gnus automatically

From: Haines Brown
Subject: have emcacs call gnus automatically
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2015 07:01:31 -0500

I want to start an emacs session that calls gnus automatically. I'm not
sure it can be done. I run emacs24 with embedded gnus under Debian
Wheezy.

In my window manager, I have bound the Ctl-Alt-g keys to an executable
script that calls an emacs session that has a simple init file. In this
session I can do M-x gnus to read news. What I want to do is to have
that session instead have code that runs gnus immediately without my
having to call it with the M-x gnus command. That is, I want the keys
Ctl-Alt-g to start a gnus session.

Haines Brown