Re: How to build the C language environment in Emacs?

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: How to build the C language environment in Emacs?
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2015 22:34:59 +0000

Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> writes:

> Emanuel Berg wrote:
>> Quanyang Liu writes:
>> > Well, in fact, in order to visit some websites, I
>> > need Windows because they are IE only...
>>
>> Ha ha, stop it. There are no such sites. If there are,
>> I don't want to know their contents...
>
> I have experienced those first hand too.  Usually because the large
> corporate employer I worked for used them for my payroll.  Meaning
> that I could only ignore the IE only site if I didn't want my
> paycheck.  If I wanted my paycheck then it was required to use IE to
> talk to the IE only company payroll website.

I worked for a company that had a complicated and finicky web-based
system for submitting expenses claims.  Some of it only worked in IE and
other bits of it only worked properly in Firefox.  It was necessary to
close the session in one browser and re-open it in another to file a
claim of any complexity.

BR,
Robert Thorpe