Re: Windows splitting: prefer only 2 windows horizontal spliting.

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Windows splitting: prefer only 2 windows horizontal spliting.
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 20:03:07 +0100

> How about "top and bottom" ?

I think we could use `split-window-side-by-side' instead of
`split-window-horizontally'.  But using `split-window-top-and-bottom'
instead of `split-window-vertically' doesn't sound very intuitive.

> Yea.  My code is generally 80 columns but I have to widen my frame
> extra wide to fit Ruby's error messages into one line.  At that point, emacs
> started splitting my screen side-by-side which defected the
> whole purpose of a wide frame.

I see.  Is line wrapping for Ruby error messages bad?  Where do you show
them - in a separate window?

martin