Re: Emacs cvs (23) uses too much CPU with compilation mode

From: Felipe Magno de Almeida
Subject: Re: Emacs cvs (23) uses too much CPU with compilation mode
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 22:47:54 -0300

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 8:48 AM, Nikolaj Schumacher <me@nschum.de> wrote:
> On 2009-05-12, at 13:43, Felipe Magno de Almeida wrote:

Hi Nikolaj,

>>> Test by disabling `font-lock-mode', or setting `font-lock-verbose' to
>>> nil.
>>
>> It is by ssh. In console.
>> I don't think (?) there's any fontification for console.
>
> Fontification is the emacs expression for adding text properties like color.
> Even if your terminal doesn't display the color, Emacs will produce it in
> the background, because the links in the compilation buffer are created in
> the same process.

I see, I've tried both. It is still very slow. The emacs23 with GTK+
in another more powerful machine is also a lot slower in compilation
mode than emacs22.
But since the machine is much more powerful. It doesn't quite bother me much.
But this celeron 600 gets unbearable with huge error messages.

--
Felipe Magno de Almeida