Re: Emacs cvs (23) uses too much CPU with compilation mode

From: Nikolaj Schumacher
Subject: Re: Emacs cvs (23) uses too much CPU with compilation mode
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 13:48:31 +0200

On 2009-05-12, at 13:43, Felipe Magno de Almeida wrote:
Thanks,
I was starting to get worried my messages weren't getting through.

No, we just didn't have a clue what is going on.
(Please CC the list in your answers. I likely can't answer all your questions

Either fontification (and setting error markers) takes longer in Emacs
23, or just the progress messages for fontification (because drawing
antialiased fonts is slower).

Test by disabling `font-lock-mode', or setting `font-lock-verbose' to nil.

It is by ssh. In console.
I don't think (?) there's any fontification for console.

Fontification is the emacs expression for adding text properties like color. Even if your terminal doesn't display the color, Emacs will produce it in the background, because the links in the compilation buffer are created in the same process.