Re: Any advantages to recompile Emacs...

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Any advantages to recompile Emacs...
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 23:33:23 +0100

Am 22.01.2009 um 22:56 schrieb Francis Moreau:

Does emacs embed many unicode strings ??

I don't know! 'strings <path to GNU Emacs> | wc -c' times 4 ... ?

(And GTK also consumes lots of disk space, look at my GNU Emacs
21.3.50 (also GCC 3.3)!)

Well I have asked to compile emacs without X support, so I don't think
GTK is the culprit.

Yes, I read so. I used this as an excuse for 21.3.50's size.

--
Greetings

  Pete

If you don't find it in the index, look very carefully through the entire catalogue.
        –  Sears, Roebuck, and Co., Consumer's Guide, 1897