help-global

Re: Setting exclusions when using ctags as backend

From: Shigio YAMAGUCHI
Subject: Re: Setting exclusions when using ctags as backend
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 23:24:27 +0900

Hi,
If you do it in your ~/.globalrc, it is enough.
Because gtags does not hand ctags the excluded files.

Regards,
Shigio

P.S.
If I'm wrong, please point out.

Hi,

I use global mainly to parse projects with Verilog and Systemverilog
files. Universal ctags has very good support for that language. So I
am using ctags as backend to global and that works well.

I have just one confusion.. where do I set the exclude paths? In
~/.ctags? or in ~/.globalrc? As I am confused, currently I am setting
the exclusions in both and it works.

But I would like to know the correct answer. Which file should I add
the exclude paths to?

Thanks.

--
Kaushal Modi