help-global

Re: can global know names of 'functions calling this function'?

From: Shigio YAMAGUCHI
Subject: Re: can global know names of 'functions calling this function'?
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 08:09:19 +0900

Hi,
> cscope has this, but in gtags-cscope for me has the slightly different
> 'locations calling this function'.
>
> Also Find functions called by this function (N/A) seems disabled.

You are right. There is slightly difference.

cscope: 'Find functions calling this function:'
gtags-cscope: 'Find locations calling this function:

It is because GLOBAL does not manage calling function.

> Is there a way to do it such that global has same features of cscope in these respects?  I like
> to see the names of callers.

Callees search and Callers search are in the TODO list.
But it's a question whether the person who achieves that appears.

Regards,
Shigio

cscope has this, but in gtags-cscope for me has the slightly different 'locations calling this function'.

Also Find functions called by this function (N/A) seems disabled.

Is there a way to do it such that global has same features of cscope in these respects?  I like
to see the names of callers.

Oh actually it looks like this is in the Plans.  I will hope for it, global so good :)

Britton