help-debbugs

Re: Processed: control message for bug #33200

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Processed: control message for bug #33200
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2018 13:17:05 +0100

"Garreau, Alexandre" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi (and sorry I was a little busy the previous days),

Hi Alexandre,

don't worry, and take your time.

>> Please email the following information to address@hidden, and we
>> will send you the assignment form for your past and future changes.
>
> Is that email only to send such form or can questions be asked about it?

You can also ask questions there, I believe.

> So is it okay to ask you, *should* I ask you instead of address@hidden,
> could I ask address@hidden, and/or should I ask address@hidden  To save time
> if
> appliable tell me to resend that to <address@hidden> and I’ll do.

Well, I'll try to answer. But my answers are not authoritative, just
reflecting my experience.

>> Please use your full legal name (in ASCII characters) as the subject
>> line of the message.
>
> Is it the full legal name, or the ascii full name, because if there are
> characters which aren’t ascii, removing, replacing or even maybe
> translitterating (especially if changing pronounciation) them may make
> that name not legal anymore.

I guess non-ascii characters are accepted. At least I have seen such
characters on file.

> Btw is full legal name including only first and last name, because then
> I don’t have any, but if it includes the second name it does.

I have given just my first and last name, although I have also middle
names. Other people give all names. I guess it is up to you, and whether
you are using your initials daily (I don't).

>> [Did you copy any files or text written by someone else in these changes?
>> Even if that material is free software, we need to know about it.]
>
> If it’s a patch, does the context which wasn’t written by me matter? how
> should I better find their authors (not knowing git very well)?

If it is a patch, context doesn't matter. The patch is your origin.

>> [Do you have an employer who might have a basis to claim to own
>> your changes?  Do you attend a school which might make such a claim?]
>
> I guess before bachelor/when undergraduate (before the diploma you
> usually get at 18yo+3, at least in europe), university couldn’t count?

Looks like, yes.

>> [For the copyright registration, what country are you a citizen of?]
>
> If there are several ? otherwise shouldn’t « country » be written

I guess it is the country you've received your identity card. In case of
doubt, ask the copyright clerk.

>> [Which files have you changed so far, and which new files have you written
>> so far?]
>
> I only tried to submit patches, none was accepted / reviewed yet afaik,
> so do that count as nothing or as something? if so which ones?

It doesn't count yet.

> Btw, do the brackets appeal for replacement with the answer, instead of
> appending (this is not explicit)?

I would keep the brackets with questions, and append the answers.

Best regards, Michael.