help-debbugs

Re: Bug: debbugs-gnu assumes bugs are associated with GNU Emacs project

From: Robert Weiner
Subject: Re: Bug: debbugs-gnu assumes bugs are associated with GNU Emacs project
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2016 09:27:42 -0400

On Sat, Jul 2, 2016 at 3:59 AM, Michael Albinus <address@hidden> wrote:
> Is it OK for you that I'll change something in the GNU ELPA git repo, and
> you'll test? I would like to release it when both of us are happy :-)

Sounds great.  I would be happy to.  Here are some ideas to consider:

1. Default option of control messages sent via HTTP rather than SMTP
as a lot of client machines today do not have static IP addresses nor
SMTP configured.  Via a flag, this could be set to SMTP (or vice versa
if necessary to keep SMTP the default).

2. Per project browsing interfaces with an easy to generate view of
open bugs in each.  Then one could jump from *Emacs Debbugs* to
*Hyperbole Debbugs* easily or use both at the same time.

3. Unification of query keywords between debbugs.el and the debbugs
database, so if one uses another UI, everything is consistent.  Maybe
this requires the database accepting multiple keywords per operation
in order to maintain backwards compatibility.

4. Add a link to the Debbugs Info Manual on the popup and menubar menus.

In general, things already work well and are pretty straightforward
once you get used to the terminology and have things configured as you
need.

Cheers,

Bob