help-debbugs

Re: Bug: debbugs-gnu assumes bugs are associated with GNU Emacs project

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Bug: debbugs-gnu assumes bugs are associated with GNU Emacs project
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2016 09:59:12 +0200

Robert Weiner <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Bob,

> Since other GNU projects are using debbugs, it would be nice if the
> debbugs-gnu.el library did not have anything that assumed the bug was
> about Emacs and not some other project.
>
> Two examples, query results are shown in a buffer called *Emacs Bugs*
> and when you try to send a "close" control message, you are prompted
> for a version number with the default and completions being that of
> Emacs versions.
>
> You could make a debbugs-emacs library for Emacs-specific but handling
> but my suggestion is that debbugs-gnu handle a variety of GNU
> projects.

Confirmed. The current situation is just due to historical reasons
(debbugs-gnu started for the Emacs project), but this could be
improved. Will work on this next days, as time permits.

Is it OK for you that I'll change something in the GNU ELPA git repo, and
you'll test? I would like to release it when both of us are happy :-)

People from other non-Emacs projects, listening here, might also raise
their wishes. It seems to be a good time now, I could spend some time
for this next weeks. Preparing the 1.0 release.

> Thanks,
>
> Bob

Best regards, Michael.