guix-devel

Re: August/November update on qa.guix.gnu.org and related things

From: Suhail
Subject: Re: August/November update on qa.guix.gnu.org and related things
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2023 16:38:29 +0000

Christopher Baines <mail@cbaines.net> writes:

>  - The README is published at https://qa.guix.gnu.org/README

The README seems more focused on task planning and TODO items than
explaining how to use the qa.guix.gnu.org website. Could you please
provide a reference for the latter?

Specifically, I submitted a patch some while ago:
<https://qa.guix.gnu.org/issue/66644>. Its QA status is marked as
unknown with a few items highlighted in red. While the UI helps draw
attention to those items, it's not clear (to me) how to remedy them and
who is responsible for doing what. I.e., what are the next steps? I
would like to get that patch reviewed and merged in some way, but I
don't know what, if anything, I can do to help with the matter.

> I'd also really like to see some testing of the patch review feature
> in QA, since I think trying to get people without commit access
> reviewing patches will really help speed up getting things reviewed
> and merged.

Is there a document that outlines how to get started and/or
pre-requisites that one must have before reviewing certain aspects?

--
Suhail

This email is not an offer capable of acceptance, does not evidence an
intention to enter into an agreement, has no operative effect until a
definitive agreement is signed in writing by both parties, and that no
party should act in reliance on the email or any representations of the
sender until a definitive agreement is signed in writing by both
parties.

This email may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and/or exempt from disclosure.  No waiver whatsoever is intended by
sending this e-mail which is intended only for the named recipient(s).
Unauthorized use, dissemination or copying is prohibited.  If you
receive this email in error, please notify the sender and destroy all
copies of this email.