guile-sources

Re: magic.scm

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: magic.scm
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 20:16:48 +0100

Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:

> A few months back there was some (light) discussion on emacs-devel
> re incorporating file(1) functionality into Emacs proper.

Vaguely interesting, I guess, but why?  The code (> 600 lines of it!)
isn't especially fun or elegant.  Does it allow (or promise to allow)
us to do anything that we can't do by calling file?

But to balance this email with a more positive comment: I very much
like the look of your editing-buffer code!

Regards,
     Neil