Re: Moving CoreBase into Base

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Moving CoreBase into Base
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 19:11:42 +0100

On 18 Sep 2010, at 19:06, Quentin Mathé wrote:

> This seems a somewhat cleaner than including CoreFoundation.h in
> Foundation.h, but requires to import CoreFoundation.h explicitly when you
> depend on it. Not sure what's the best… I'd be tempted to favor Mac OS X
> compatibility.

Put this in Foundation.h

#ifdef GS_EXCLUDE_COREFOUNDATION_HEADERS
#import "preface.h"
#else
#import <CoreFoundation/CoreFoundation.h>
#endif

Make -make define this variable and not link to corebase when
NO_COREFOUNDATION=yes is defined in a GNUmakefile, other wise don't define it
and do link to corebase.  That way, stuff works out of the box for people
coming from OS X, but people who don't want the CF stuff can avoid it.

David