Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r31213 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Source/NSMenuVi

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r31213 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Source/NSMenuView.m Source/NSPopUpButtonCell.m
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 20:49:38 +0200

Am 31.08.2010 01:02, schrieb Doug Simons:
> Author: dpsimons
> Date: Tue Aug 31 01:02:21 2010
> New Revision: 31213

> Log:
> fix problem of pulldown action not being called for correct cell, and being
> called twice on Windows
>
> Modified:
>     libs/gui/trunk/ChangeLog
>     libs/gui/trunk/Source/NSMenuView.m
>     libs/gui/trunk/Source/NSPopUpButtonCell.m

Hi Doug,

could you please explain the first part of this change? The code itself
looks to me horribly wrong but I am sure you had good reasons for it.
The change note says it was needed for Windows, but I cannot find any
special handling for this case in our Windows backend. This leads me to
the assumption that you needed this change to get the WinUX theme
working. If this is correct, wouldn't it be better to fix the theme
instead? Currently we have the basic idea that themes don't change any
behaviour they only result in a different appearance. If this isn't true
for the WinUX theme, and there may be good reasons for that, eg for a
better Windows integration, it is the obligation of the theme to keep
the results at least consistent.
Most likely the processCommand: method of that theme will need some
tweaking to work correctly in your case.
Could you please look into this and undo the change on gui?

Fred