Building tool with corebase

From: Stef Bidi
Subject: Building tool with corebase
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 18:34:56 -0600

I know this might seem a bit weird since I'm the one that's been committing changes to corebase, but I haven't been able to successfully link a small tool.  This is what I have:

test.c:
#include <CoreFoundation/CoreFoundation.h>

int main (void)
{
  CFStringRef string = CFStringCreateWithCString (NULL, "Testing", kCFStringEncodingASCII);
  CFRelease (string);
  return 0;
}

GNUmakefile:
include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/common.make
TOOL_NAME = test
test_C_FILES = test.c
ADDITIONAL_OBJC_LIBS = -lgnustep-corebase
include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/tool.make

When I do a "make" I get the following linking error:
Making all for tool test...
 Compiling file test.c ...
 Linking tool test ...
/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries/libgnustep-base.so: undefined reference to `gnustep_base_user_main'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [obj/test] Error 1
make[1]: *** [internal-tool-all_] Error 2
make: *** [test.all.tool.variables] Error 2

Not really sure if the problem is with something in corebase or something with in the tool's GNUmakefile.

Stefan