Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r29026 - /libs/gui/branches/testplant_1/Source/NSMenuV

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r29026 - /libs/gui/branches/testplant_1/Source/NSMenuView.m
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 15:43:36 +0000

On 18 Nov 2009, at 09:11, Fred Kiefer wrote:

I think that this is an important patch we should discuss on this
mailing list. The patch clearly is wrong, as it is only trying to
address the result of a problem, but not the problem itself. What
happens is that after opening a submenu the interaction of the mouse has an offset, when the window manager repositions the submenu. I think that
this is caused by the code not accepting any repositioning events for
the submenu. I would expect that the backend tries to tell gui where the
submenu window did get positioned, but as we are in a tracking loop we
ignore these events.

It seems that events related to moving the window should happen in every run-loop mode, rather than requiring the juggling provided here.

I mentioned at the hackathon that I think there is a mistake in the x11 code (which I keep meaning to look at again but haven't had a chance to yet) where it is confusing the window's internal and external sizes (with and without the border; the X11 equivalent of the frame and bounds) in a couple of places. Possibly this is related?

David

-- Sent from my Apple II