Re: NSOpenGL

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: NSOpenGL
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 22:39:19 +0100

Hi Thomas,

thank you for that rework. I just submitted these changes to SVN, with a
slight bit of rework and reformatting.
What I don't like about the current code (not just your changes) is that
it is still unclear to me, whether the difference between the minor
releases of GLX is a compile time or run time difference. Are all the
new functions really present in a GLX version < 1.3? If not, then we
should protect these calls in the code with #ifdefs.
Also the usage of the union in pixel format looks strange, we need to
read what was set, not what suits the current GLX version. Sure this
versions wont change during the runtime of the program, still it looks
wrong. This is why I moved all of the reference to the union into the
separate file. A next step would be to clean up the usage here.
As you are now creating a separate drawable, isn't the deallocation of
that drawable needed? I put in a FIXME, where I think this call is
missing. Again it is only needed for the newer GLX release.
To me all these files look like work in progress, hopefully you keep on
working on them.

Cheers,
Fred