[RFC] Text Input Management System (4)

From: Kazunobu Kuriyama
Subject: [RFC] Text Input Management System (4)
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 11:59:29 +0900

The new text management system now supports the mechanism "a single key stroke
dispatching multiple messages".  And more, as a by-product, you can use "a
sequence of multiple key strokes dispatching multiple messages".

I think the new system now fulfills requirements for backward compatibility
in term of functionality.

Note:
(1) Although the current DefaultKeyBindings.dict could be used with the new
system, I strongly recommend add some stuff like "Enter", "Tab", "Backspace", or whatever you like, to the dictionary file to make it practically useful.
   (see the head of StandardKeyBinding.dict[.gnustep]).  This is because
the key binding mechanism of the new system is not hardwired any key together. (2) Some key bindings may be consumed by OS, the window manager, or the windows of an application before the corresponding key event reaches the First Responder NSTextView. In this case, such key bindings won't work as you expect, of cource.

Regards,
- Kazunobu Kuriyama