Re: NSRulerView

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: NSRulerView
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 13:31:23 +0000 (GMT)

> Hi, I'm sorry but I couldn't finish it earlier because I was
> in summer vacation. :)
> I'm sending the NSRulerView implementation with one test
> application.
> Suggestions and modifications are welcome. :)
> Now I'm working on NSRulerMarker class and I'll send it as
> soon as I finish it

Thanks - I've committed your code with minor insignificant modifications
(mostly indentation, prefixing ivars with underscores, and other stuff -
the main actual change I did is that setClientView: does not retain the
client view).

Having looked at the class, I think the main code we miss is the code to
call the various rulerView:didAddMarker: rulerView:xxx: etc of the client
view in the appropriate places.  This would be useful for the future - in
the case of a textView, if I understand correctly the client view would be
the textView, and by implementing those methods the textView can react to
changes in the markers.  We can probably leave implementing the textView
reactions for later :-) but adding the client view methods is anyway a
first preliminary step in that direction.

I didn't check the actual code to lay out and draw the markers, but in the
test application it seems to be working pretty fine.

All in all, I enjoyed the code and I'd like to thank you for your
contribution.