Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: Wikipedia

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: Wikipedia
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 16:20:45 +0930

Matthew Flaschen wrote:

> The maintainers have indicated (if I understand correctly) that they are
> not accepting additional official packages, but that they will recommend
> community repositories that are actively maintained.  I see little
> reason that people shouldn't submit new free programs to Debian and wait
> for it to propagate down.  In no way does that require reliance on
> unfree software.

I believe the stance is more:
if you can provide proof that you have a plan for keeping it up to date,
the relevant patches to builder, and that it fits our guidelines (its
free software), it will be considered for inclusion

Karl Goetz
User of gNewSense: Free as in Freedom - http://www.gnewsense.org
Australian Ubuntu users team - http://wiki.ubuntu.com/AustralianTeam
User of Debian, The Universal Operating System - http://www.debian.org