ghm-discuss

[Ghm-discuss] A visit to the Paris astronomic observatory?

From: Luca Saiu
Subject: [Ghm-discuss] A visit to the Paris astronomic observatory?
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 16:35:03 +0200

Hello.

Alain Coulais, from the GNU Data Language project, has kindly proposed
to lead us to a visit to the Paris observatory
(http://www.obspm.fr/?lang=en ) like we did in 2011 and with the
possibility of actually observing something -- despite the unfavorable
period; he says that nothing simple to understand is visible right now.

The thing seems a little hard to organize in the afternoon because we
finish quite late, but in the evening it might work, after dinner --
which I guess is a better time to look at the sky anyway.

So, let me ask Alain:

- What time could we do this?  I don't know, is a time such as from
  22:00 or 22:30 to midnight reasonable?  We can do that if we eat soon,
  but I sincerely don't know if this would be OK for the observatory
  people.  I don't know if organizing a visit with little advance, by
  night, is normal or outrageous for you :-).
  Another possibility would be to do it soon in the evening, such as at
  20:00, but that would complicate dinner -- we've not reserved yet, but
  I don't know how many places we will find still open later in the night.

Alain would need a list of the people interested in coming.  So,
everybody, if you're interested please reply *to the list* as soon as
possible saying on which nights you're available; particularly if you're
available on Thursday (I don't know how many people will actually be
present at the pre-meeting).

--
Luca Saiu
Home page:   http://ageinghacker.net