ghm-discuss

[Ghm-discuss] GHM in review

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: [Ghm-discuss] GHM in review
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 14:50:08 +0200

Greetings, GHM attendees!

Hope all are well, and safely back to the hack.

Before really getting back into the groove though, perhaps we should
reflect a bit about what was great about the GHM, and what could use
improvement. Finally we should start thinking about where the next one
should be.

This message is going to ghm-discuss, with all attendees on Bcc, so if
you reply directly, your message will go to the public list. If you have
feedback that you want to be private, you can reply directly to me if
you like.

So! Questions:

  1. What was great about the meeting? Name one or two of your favorite
     things.

  2. What could have been better? Again, one or two things, along with
     suggestions for improvements if you have them.

  3. Was there anything missing from the meeting? Or, alternately, was
     there some part of the meeting we could have done without?

  4. What about focus -- did we have a good focus? Too broad, too
     narrow?

  5. What about the size? Do you want the GHM to be bigger in the
     future? How would you feel if there were 100 people there?

  6. What about colocation? Did this influence your decision to attend?
     Was it a good thing or a bad thing?

  7. Any other comments?

Finally, we need someone to organize the next meeting. It can be
anywhere in Europe, but getting a supportive venue is key. Of course it
helps if the location is easy to get to, and cheap. Interested? Reply to
this message then, and we can sort it out!

Happy hacking,

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/