ghm-discuss

Re: [Ghm-discuss] GNU Hackers Meeting - offer to host next meeting

From: Juan Antonio Añel Cabanelas
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] GNU Hackers Meeting - offer to host next meeting in Gothenburg, Sweden
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 18:22:11 +0100

As Brian and Hesa have spoken about finding a host and coordinator. An
option which should be evaluated.

Perhaps I could try to organize a GHM in Ourense or a near place (what
is more, I'm going to do something for this dates anyway and it would be
a question of changing the magnitude of the event). Tentative dates:
May, friday 1 to sunday 3.

It would be six months before FSCONS, so we would have two good meetings
with a reasonable separation.

If there is enough hackers interested (ex.10) we could boost the
machinery of our local free software group to do it in 3 months.

By the way, I think that to have several small meetings is good if you
deal it as a kind of bug squashing party, discussing about GNU, problems
and solutions, but to consolidate a single annual meeting could be a
good idea.

Best regards,
Juan.
--