ghm-discuss

Re: [Ghm-discuss] GNU Hackers Meeting - offer to host next meeting in Go

From: Henrik Sandklef
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] GNU Hackers Meeting - offer to host next meeting in Gothenburg, Sweden
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 08:27:40 +0100

I see a risk/chance of both increasing and decreasing the participants going for multiple meetings.

Given multiple meetings I believe:

* we will, all in all, have more GNU hackers coming together

* we will have less people at the various meetings

...  good and bad .... what a cliche

I suggest trying to "hi jack" other events and do our meeting just before or after them as often as possible. FOSDEM, FSCONS, SFSCON .... are but examples. This would give hackers two reasons to come, the ghm and the conference. More value for the money ;)

/hesa

address@hidden wrote:
   > Looks as if the coming FSCONS will be held in November
> > Is that too late for you all?

   Let's go with it.  If we have free facilities we should make use of
   them! I will commit to coming and helping to organise the GHM side.

Same here :)

   I had an email from Stepan saying that it could be possible to have an
   additional GHM in Brno much earlier in the year -- he was going to
   post to the list but I didn't see anything yet.

Nice! We may have three GHM this year! :)