Re: [gfsd]Re: CLISP on GNU directory and GNU web pages

From: Bradley M. Kuhn
Subject: Re: [gfsd]Re: CLISP on GNU directory and GNU web pages
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 13:50:52 -0400

Sam Steingold <address@hidden> wrote:

> the new directory provides no instructions on _where_ to report problems
> and _how_ to report them: the old version gave a link to the source file
> for the page viewed and an address (bug-directory) to send diffs to.

This was an oversight and a trivial change, so it has been fixed.  The
change won't roll out for around 24 hours.

> a wiki (e.g. <http://ww.telent.net/cliki/index>) interface to submitting
> changes to Janet would be nice.

Having a way to submit via web form would be useful, although I am not
thoroughly convinced that a wiki is the best way to do that.

Anyway, it's Free Software.  As I said in my last message (that will go
out alongside this one), we hope the community will help us develop the
code.

We've run out of staff time and funding to give a full-time hacker to the
job (he'll have a few hours a week set aside to fix major bugs and slowly
make improvements).  We gave it more than full time hours for a number of
weeks.  However, since we don't yet have specific funds to fund the
directory, and we have but one staff member who handles ALL technical
aspects of FSF (programming, sysadmin, etc.), we can only do so much.  We
need volunteers to help.

The directory interface program (which we hope to give a real name to
soon) is Free Software.  We hope that, since you have some great ideas on
how to make it better and are an excellent hacker, that you'll
contribute.

Do you have a savannah account?  If so, we can add your ID to the
project.  (You'll need to execute a copyright assignment to FSF for the
program, though.)

--
Bradley M. Kuhn, Executive Director
Free Software Foundation     |  Phone: +1-617-542-5942