Re: [gfsd]Feature for Free Software Directory (was Re: Improving the sit

From: Soam Vasani
Subject: Re: [gfsd]Feature for Free Software Directory (was Re: Improving the site)
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 20:48:15 +0530

   Bradley M. Kuhn wrote:
   > Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:
   > > 2. /software/software.html classifies programs in a way that the
   > > Directory doesn't--into GNU programs, GPL-covered non-GNU programs,
   > > and other.

Ok, I wrote a script mlist2.pl that generates a page exactly
like software.html.  I've checked it into the gnulist module.
Example usage is in the comment in that file.  You could put it
in www's crontab...

Since there were some programs listed on software.html not in
the directory I put these in a file called old-sw-list.  Could
somebody checkin ~soamv/gen-software.html/old-sw-list into the
webmaster's module, since they are probably going to want to add
or remove entries from it.

A sample generated software.html is in
~soamv/gen-sofware.html/generated-sw.html

Let me know if have any questions.

--
Soam Vasani