Re: [gfsd]Feature for Free Software Directory (was Re: Improving the sit

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [gfsd]Feature for Free Software Directory (was Re: Improving the site)
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 03:20:08 -0600 (MDT)

    Ok, I wrote a script mlist2.pl that generates a page exactly
    like software.html.

That isn't quite what we want, though.  It preserves some of the
disasdvantages of software.html.

What we want is to have a way of searching the directory to see only
GNU packages, and a way of searching the directory to see only
GNU and GPL-covered packages.

Or we want an alternate set of directory category pages which list
only the GNU packages, and an alternate set of directory category
pages which list only the GNU packages and the GPL-covered packages.