gcmd-devel

[gcmd-dev] FFO's (foolish file operations)

From: Michael
Subject: [gcmd-dev] FFO's (foolish file operations)
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 04:42:50 +0200

While we already are at this topic with the file selection thread...

I'm used to a highspeed gaming mouse, but sometimes have to work with slow
standard ones. However. It happens that i click onto files or folders too fast
or too hastily. It's not unusual that in such cases gcmd start to copy the
content of one folder of $HOME into another one, which can be pretty much
sucking because this can be so fast that i can't even track which folder it was
:|
And so, maybe after years, i may find awkward copies of random folders in the
more sequestered corners of my user cosmos...

A smart solution could be to add 'always warn' to Options -> Confirmation

Such problems are very persistent, for any filemanager, and as a consequence,
KDE finally made konqueror always ask 'Copy, move, or link ?' by default, and
there's no other option IIRR. I work with konqueror quite often, on my laptop,
and have to admit, for any situation where it seemed to be circumstances, there
was another situation where i was thankful it's that safe.