gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Migration to C++

From: Michael
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Migration to C++
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 13:18:09 +0200

> _should_ work with a 3.4 version of gcc, i think you think that too.

Basically, yes. However gcmd moved to C++, but probably still uses some (pure)
C libraries, wheere at the same time rather new C++ libraries are required. For
example, the documentation reveals that C++ code compiled by g++-3.3 and
g++-3.4 was not compatible, and applications using C++ libraries had to make
sure to rebuild these libraries too. A bug in gcmd dependency for library
inclusion may turn out on your machine but not on mine or any other just
because my  versions and the debian packaged library linking can deal with it
somehow.

Or so ;) i just hope testing this gives some additional information, if only
there's no compiler issue.

Meanwhile, as backcheck,

make clean
CC=gcc-3.4 make

is running flawless on my amd64, judged from a quick check. But that's not
surprising.

btw. did you try strace -p `pidof gnome-commander` ?

 m°