gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Migration to C++

From: Magnus Stålnacke
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Migration to C++
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 01:55:40 +0200

Michael wrote:
Magnus,

gcc version 3.4.4

Would it be affordable to try another version ?
Apparently i work with gcc version 4.1.2. which provides libstdc++6.
There may be C++ features in 3.4 which changed in 4.x. Maybe x64 related, too.

I have exact the same problem in my new environment
with Slackware 11 (not x86_64), a new gnome 2.18.0
compiled from source and gcc 3.4.6. Earlier i thought
that this problem must have something to do with my
very tweaked amd64 system, but now i know that it
happens in a completley different system too. And i
do think that two different installed versions of gcmd
_should_ work with a 3.4 version of gcc, i think you
think that too.